Tyson maintains a general corporate/commercial practice, with a focus on Indigenous business law, governance and project development. He is a licensed lawyer in both Alberta and Saskatchewan and works out of our Calgary and Saskatoon offices.
Tyson is of Saulteaux and Cree descent and is a proud member of Zagime Anishinabek First Nation (Sakimay). Tyson brings a unique perspective and strong work ethic that reflects the high standards of the Alberta and Saskatchewan bar.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Counsel to Federated Co-operatives Limited in its $264 million acquisition of 181 Husky retail fuel sites from Cenovus Energy Inc.
- Counsel to a tribal council comprising nine First Nations on the development and construction of an on-reserve solar project
- Counsel to a First Nation election appeal committee
- Counsel to a First Nation on jurisdiction over cannabis
- Member, Indigenous Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Presenter, SevenGen Youth Conference (2022)
- Program Leader, Indigenous Youth Outreach Program (2020 – 2021)
- Volunteer, CELL Pacific Centre for Environmental Law and Litigation (2019)
- Volunteer, Indigenous Youth Outreach Program (2018)
BAR ADMISSIONS & EDUCATION
- Alberta Bar (2022)
- Saskatchewan Bar (2022)
- JD, University of Saskatchewan (2021)
- BA, University of Saskatchewan (2015)