Aden Ritter, J.D., B.A. (he/him)
+1 306 380 9615 (mobile)
Aden is an experienced family law litigator, and effective in private client services. He takes a focused economic outlook to disputes between private parties, and helps them navigate the often complex nature of legal disputes.
Aden is also experienced with respect to employment matters and disputes involving the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nomination Program. He takes a pragmatic approach with employers to assist them with respect to litigation and the potential effects to ongoing business operations.
Prior to joining Procido LLP. Aden maintained an extensive family law litigation practice in a reputable Saskatoon Law Firm. While attending law school at the University of Saskatchewan, Aden held a position as an editor for the Saskatchewan Law Review and took additional classes to complete his undergraduate degree in Political Studies.
Aden has resided in Saskatoon, La Ronge, and Waterloo Ontario, and has deep connections across Saskatchewan and Western Canada.
- Aden is an experienced family law litigator. He has regularly appeared in Saskatoon’s King’s Bench Court for both Chambers and Trial matters involving a variety of family law issues. Aden has extensive experience with decision-making, parenting time, child support, spousal support, and division of family property.
- Aden also maintains experience in alternative dispute resolution advisory services. He is able to assist with negotiations, assist in facilitating four-way meetings, and assist with respect to interspousal contracts.
- Aden focuses on cost-effective practical solutions that work for his clients, and the family they are a part of.
- Aden has appeared in the Provincial Court of Saskatchewan and the Saskatoon Court of King’s Bench for a variety of civil litigation matters, including disputes for breach of contract and enforcement of foreign judgments.
- Aden has assisted clients with respect to employment disputes, disputes with regulatory bodies.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Saskatoon, 2018-2020.
- Member CBA, 2018
- Member SBA, 2018
- Member, STLA, 2018
BAR ADMISSIONS & EDUCATION
- J.D. 2018, B.A. 2018
- Saskatchewan Bar 2019
- A Tail of Two Puppies: A Comment on Henderson v. Henderson, Saskatchewan Law Review, June 25, 2018.
- Former Editor for the Saskatchewan Law Review.
FAMILY REPRESENTATIVE WORK
- Successful trials involving Parenting Time, Decision-Making, Mobility, Child-Support, Property Division, and Spousal Support.
- Successful parenting trials in high-conflict parenting situations.
- Numerous settlements reached in complicated high value family property division matters involving competing expert witnesses and complicated tax considerations.
CIVIL LITIGATION REPRESENTATIVE WORK
- Experience registering and enforcing foreign judgments in the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Successful managing of conflicts of laws issues in Saskatchewan and Alberta for corporate contractual disputes.
- Experience representing and defending clients from frivolous foreign and extra-provincial claims.
- Timely settlement and successful representation of clients in employment matters yielding satisfactory settlements for clients.